About Socitm Annual 2017
In this digital age of likes, comments and shares, there is still no substitute for networking in person. If you agree with us, you’ll love our annual conference. A golden opportunity to join us and learn from others, discover new ways to tackle challenges, and share ideas. You’ll invariably make new friends, too.
This year, Socitm Annual will be a more interactive experience, allowing delegates to share and collaborate on key topics and issues, more so than ever before.
Some of the key topics that will be discussed over the two days include:
- Collaborative leadership - Dealing with citizen engagement through collaborative leadership
- People and place based outcomes - the progress from Connected LG Live
- Women in IT
- The Digital revolution
- Cyber Security
- Data analytics - how local authorities use them based on local priorities
- Shared services, capabilities and resources
Also, following the success from Socitm Spring we will be offering 1-1 private surgery sessions, hosted by Jos Creese and Andy Coote. If you have a challenge or issue in your organisation that you would like to discuss, these confidential sessions are not to be missed.
More details on the official agenda will be available shortly.
Speakers in 2016:
- Linda O'Halloran, Senior Business Analyst, GDS & Local Authority Lead, GOV.UK Verify
- Rosie Seymour, Deputy Programme Director, Better Care Fund, NHS England
- Carrie Bishop, Director, FutureGov
- Professor Liz Bacon, Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor, University of Greenwich, & Past President, BCS
- Geoff Connell, CIO, Norfolk County Council & President, Socitm
- Cllr David Hopkins, Deputy Mayor, Milton Keynes Council & Regional Secretary, Socitm East
- Martin Ferguson, Director of Policy & Research, Socitm
- Eddie Copeland, Director of Government Innovation, Nesta Innovation Lab
- Martin Reeves, Chief Executive, Coventry City Council & Spokesperson on Digital Leadership, Solace
- Geoff Snelson, Director of Strategy, Milton Keynes Council
- Scott Moore, Business Analyst, The Improvement Service (IS)
- Alison Hughes, Assistant Director, Strategic ICT Partnerships, Bolton and Wigan Council
- Billy Michels, President, ALGIM (Association of Local Government Information Management, New Zealand)
- Rachel Neaman, Director of Skills and Partnerships, Doteveryone
- Aileen Murphie, Director, Local Government VFM, NAO
- Harry Turnbull, CIO, City of Windsor
- Nick Woodcraft, Senior Technical Adviser, GDS
- James Findlay, Chief Information Officer, HS2 Ltd
- Guy Giles, Founder & Managing Director, CC2i
- Jos Creese, Independent Digital Advisor; Associate Director, Socitm & BCS Immediate Past President
- Dr Sue Black OBE, Advisor, Government Digital Service; Honorary Professor, UCL & Founder, BCSWomen and #techmums
Socitm Awards Dinner:
The Socitm Awards Dinner is a celebration of excellence within the sector, rewarding achievement in areas such as digital innovation and engagement. Entrance to the awards evening is included in the price of a Socitm Conference ticket.
Registration and Invoicing:
Please register by clicking on the 'Register Now' tab in the top right-hand corner of this website. The Conference is open to everyone so please feel free to share details with colleagues.
Please note that invoices and payments will need to be made to Dods and not Socitm, Dods are working on behalf of Socitm for this event.
You will receive an invoice shortly after the event, unless you select to pay by credit or debit card in which case the payment will be taken immediately and a receipt sent to you. For details of cost please follow the "Register Now" link at the top of the page.
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities:
There are a number of exhibition and sponsorship opportunities available. Packages can be tailored to meet your organisation's needs: please visit the 'Sponsorship and Exhibition' page for details.
- Joining Socitm is about participating in a community of professionals, who enjoy a wide range of shared interests and common objectives, and who are committed to supporting and enabling the efficient delivery of citizen-focused public services.
- Members include leaders and managers in the design and delivery of digital and IT-enabled services for public benefit.
- There are a range of membership categories and options that will fit with specific career and organisational objectives, as well as specific opportunities for personal and professional development.
To find out more about becoming a Socitm member, please click here or contact our membership team on 01604 709456.